Part time jobs are a great option for many people, whether your need to work more to earn some extra money, are looking for some additional experience, or simply want to fill more of your free time. However, working a part time job can often be hard, because they don't always provide the same benefits as full-time positions.
Luckily, there are a number of companies that offer benefits to part-time employees, and many of those benefits are just as good as those for full-time counterparts. Each company sets its own requirements for receiving these benefits, such as working a minimum number of hours per week or staying with the company for a specific length of time.
Here are the top 10 companies - most of which have locations in Dallas - where part-time employees can receive benefits, as compiled by AOL Jobs:
- REI - All employees receive healthcare insurance, while some are offered merchandise discounts, incentive pay, retirement and profit sharing, and discounted travel.
- Whole Foods - Part-time employees receive health, dental, and vision insurance after working for 400 hours, and all employees have access to a retirement plan, paid time off, and a 20-percent discount.
- Nordstrom - Employees working part-time receive health, life, disability, and accidental death insurance; retirement plan, paid time off; and adoption assistance.
- Starbucks - Any employee who works at least 20 hours per week receives health insurance, retirement plan, stock options, and a free pound of coffee or box of tea each week.
- UPS - Part-time employees receive medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance, retirement plan, discounted stock options, tuition reimbursement, and an income protection plan.
- Lowe's - Employees here receive a limited health insurance plan; vision, dental, and disability insurance; retirement plan; and can earn 40 hours of vacation after 180 days of work.
- JCPenney - Any employee who works less than 35 hours per week can participate in the Additional Benefits Choices program, which offers medical, dental, vision, life, critical illness, and accident insurance.
- Lands' End - Part-time employees here receive dental and vision insurance, retirement plans, discounts on merchandise at Lands' End and Sears stores, and special discounts at local attractions.
- JP Morgan Chase - After working for 90 days, those who work at least 20 hours per week can receive medical, dental and vision insurance; retirement options; stock purchase plans; paid time off; tuition and adoption assistance; and banking-related perks.
- Barnes & Noble - Part-time employees receive medical, dental, and life insurance; a flex spending account; retirement plan; discount book prices; access to a book loan program; and discounts on other useful services.